That depends on case, your expectations from a business website and your website development plans for future. If you just need a simple web page to show business address or contact information or just few images to present sample of your work, it makes sense to use a static web page design.
If you need any kind of data gathering, blog, modern visual elements or website integration with third party service providers, static web design cannot be completely employed. There are templates, sample Java Script or VB Script codes on Internet to provide data gathering or visual effects for this kind of websites, but they may cause serious security, spamming and data hijacking problems for your business website.
It’s also should be mentioned that while the design and maintenance cost of a static web site is less than a dynamic website design project, their vulnerability against internet attacks and low search engine optimization results are considerable and risky for almost any kind of business.
- Easy to design & modify.
- Basic HTML or HTML5 knowledge is enough.
- Basic, low cost or even free hosting services can be employed.
- Fast to design and implement, normally no testing, QA or release procedure required.
- Hard to develop or extend.
- Data gathering or professional visual designs cannot be provided for such websites.
- Vulnerable against internet attacks or website hack activities.
- Modern search engine optimization techniques cannot be used on static websites.
- Special design considerations required to make a static website mobile friendly.
In conclusion, as there are modern, up to date and affordable website design techniques with better rate of return of investment, we do not suggest static website design to our clients.
- How long are you going to use the static Website?
- How many times do you want to update such websites per day/week/month?
- Have you enough technical knowledge (Specially HTML & HTML5) to modify such websites by yourself?