That depends on case, your expectations from a business website and your website development plans for future. If you just need a simple web page to show business address or contact information or just few images to present sample of your work, it makes sense to use a static web page design.
If you need any kind of data gathering, blog, modern visual elements or website integration with third party service providers, static web design cannot be completely employed. There are templates, sample Java Script or VB Script codes on Internet to provide data gathering or visual effects for this kind of websites, but they may cause serious security, spamming and data hijacking problems for your business website.
It’s also should be mentioned that while the design and maintenance cost of a static web site is less than a dynamic website design project, their vulnerability against internet attacks and low search engine optimization results are considerable and risky for almost any kind of business.
- Easy to design & modify.
- Basic HTML or HTML5 knowledge is enough.
- Basic, low cost or even free hosting services can be employed.
- Fast to design and implement, normally no testing, QA or release procedure required.
- Hard to develop or extend.
- Data gathering or professional visual designs cannot be provided for such websites.
- Vulnerable against internet attacks or website hack activities.
- Modern search engine optimization techniques cannot be used on static websites.
- Special design considerations required to make a static website mobile friendly.
In conclusion, as there are modern, up to date and affordable website design techniques with better rate of return of investment, we do not suggest static website design to our clients.
- How long are you going to use the static Website?
- How many times do you want to update such websites per day/week/month?
- Have you enough technical knowledge (Specially HTML & HTML5) to modify such websites by yourself?
If you do not need any kind of data gathering or dynamic content generation and you are sure that your business requirements won’t change, you can move towards static website design.
It makes your digital life easier. You can continuously publish new Pages, Landing Pages and other business related content and enjoy the power social media and search engine paid parameterized campaigns.
Maintenance of dynamic websites specially if designed by well-known content management systems (CMS) is much easier than static websites.
From a technical perspective, yes. You can update your static business or personal website but you need good knowledge of HTML, CSS and Graphic Design to update such website successfully.
Normally just professional website designers can update static websites successfully.
Because of the high business competition and the budget that Markham businesses spend on their website design and digital marketing projects, a dynamic website is more affordable and have better ROI (return of investment).
We also provide required training for you/ your staff to learn how to take care of the website and how to update or add new content.